Monday, October 31, 2011

Bihar Awakening!

Well Much has been said, Much has been Written about the recent revolutions taken in the regime
of Mr. Nitish Kumar.. But It would require a visit to actually feel the difference...

I would Share my experiences with you during my recent visit in October 2011.

  • In the wildest of my dreams;I would have never thought of a dinner at around 10 PM in the tinsel town - Motihari. But Yes.. We had our dinner around 10.30 PM in a recently opened Fine Dining restaurant.
  • It used to take herculean efforts in journeying from Patna to Motihari ( Distance would be around 165 km); I have traveled the same within 3.5 hours by adopting the rural roads!
  • I had a surprise visit to a primary school situated nearby my home; What I saw was totally different from what we were used to.. all teachers presents in all the class. Women teachers were not knitting the sweaters for their spouse!
  • Electricity - It must be a very simple term for the people who are living in metro. But for us; who have spent their whole childhood in saving the " Lalten " from the wind! Yes till 12th we have been using the "Lalten".. Electricity for 1-2 Hours in the night was like an oasis! Now a days you can experience at least 16-18 hours of electricity!

No comments:

Post a Comment